Saturday, November 7, 2009

Toddler Picture Taking Woes!

Those of you who know me well know I love photography.



I will never claim to be very good at it but I do enjoy trying to capture moments I see that I find to be beautiful...





interesting...









modern...







classic...







fun...







...well you get the idea.

It is always a challenge to me to try and capture in the lens what I am seeing or feeling at that moment.

Having children has brought a new dimension to taking pictures; one that I have not necessarily enjoyed. We do not have good lighting in our home for taking pictures even during the daytime with lights on. And I hate using flash. Unfortunately the weather here has been cold and somewhat rainy. So…there haven’t been many opportunities to shoot outside. Of course one of my best opportunities was the day I took them to the park but forgot my camera (I will discuss in more detail the loss of my mind in another post). For now, let’s stick with my toddler picture taking woes. So what are some of the frustrations that have come with trying to take pictures of our sweet peas?

Well…first of all they won’t hold still. Imagine that! I won’t bore you with the details of trying to make the adjustments needed for their fast movements. Or the fact that I am having problems using my flash which I desperately need inside of our home. My action shots have ended up on the cutting floor because well...they are all a blurr...





the cutest kiss ever...blurr...blurr...blurr



or they move out of the frame before you have taken the shot...



Besides trying to capture our sweet peas who only hold still for naps, there is the problem of getting them to look at the camera...

there is the ever popular shot of of both of them looking away...








or the shot of only one looking at the camera...



and my favorite is when they want to be inches away from the lens...







...please Mama, just let me touch the lens...





Of course last but not least of my toddler picture taking woes is getting them to smile...



But in the end...


when I am able to muddle through all the bad shots...


I find that I have captured a moment or two that take my breath away...






a moment shared between brother and sister...



moments of silliness...








moments of reflection...









moment of "how can I get in my box with Tigger"...



Each and every moment captured is worth the hundreds of blurred, distorted and missed shots. For the moments captured have been captured forever...















1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFULLY displayed!! This entry brought tears to my eyes! They are so, so big and so, so precious!! Love to you all, R & SJ

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter